Use the Materials Exchange free service to:
- Find markets for your surplus materials
- Free-up storage space
- Receive low or no-cost materials
- Reduce disposal and purchase costs
How to List Materials
A business, organization or household may offer or take materials from the exchange. To participate, contact the Otter Tail County Solid Waste Department. Once you have contacted the Otter Tail County Solid Waste Department, you will be asked to provide information on the materials you would like to exchange as well as a contact person and phone number.
The information provided to the exchange will be included in:
- A semi-annual news release, sent to the local media
- A semi-annual listing which is sent to all businesses, organizations and households who have identified an interest or have offered materials to the exchange
- Large quantities or unique items may be forwarded to Minnesota Materials Exchange to be listed on their website
Upon reviewing the listings, if your business, organization or household determines there is a material that you are interested in using, contact the business, organization or household listing the material. Details of the exchange can then be worked out between the parties involved.
The Otter Tail County Solid Waste Department will monitor the Exchange Program with occasional follow up phone calls. When an exchange occurs the Solid Waste Department would like to be notified.
The Solid Waste Department is also interested in any suggestions and/or comments from businesses, organizations and households using the Materials Exchange Program.
Otter Tail County is not responsible for any warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the material description, or the suitability of any material offered through this exchange. It is the legal responsibility of each party to determine whether a listed material is a hazardous waste or a hazardous material. Both hazardous and solid waste must be managed in accordance with all relevant regulations and laws. Otter Tail County reserves the right not to list a material, to delist a material, or to edit information provided by the listing party.